- About Us
- Trash & Recycling
- Pickup Schedule
- Customer Service
Top 10 Reasons to Recycle
- Good for the Environment: Recycling requires far less energy, uses fewer natural resources, and keeps waste from piling up in landfills.
- Saves Energy: Recycling offers significant energy savings over manufacturing with raw materials. (Manufacturing with recycled aluminum cans uses 95% less energy.)
- Prevents Global Warming: In 2000, recycling of solid waste prevent the release of 32.9 million metric tons of carbon equivalent (MMTCE, the unit of measure for greenhouse gases) into the air.
- Preserves Landfill Space: No one wants to live next door to a landfill. Recycling preserves existing landfill space.
- Good for our Economy: American companies rely on recycling programs to provide the raw materials they need to make new products.
- Creates Jobs: Recycling in the U.S. is a $236 billion a year industry. More than 56,000 recycling and reuse enterprises employ 1.1 million workers nationwide.
- Reduces Waste: The average American discards seven and a half pounds of garbage every day. Most of this garbage goes into landfills, where it is compacted and buried.
- Reduces Water Pollution: Making goods from recycled materials generates far less water pollution than manufacturing from raw materials.
- Protects Wildlife: Using recycled materials reduces the need to damage forests, wetlands, rivers, and other places essential to wildlife.
- Creates New Demand: Recycling and buying recycled products creates demand for more recycled products, decreasing waste and helping our economy.
Return to the Top ↑