Garbage Collection Guidelines
Rates and Services
Residential trash service is mandatory in the City of Nampa. All households are required to sign up in person for trash collection, along with water and sewer service, at Nampa Central Services. Customer representatives at Central Services can assist you in setting-up trash, water and sewer accounts 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
All Nampa City residents pay a flat monthly fee for trash collection. Carryout service is available for an additional fee. The City bills residents on a bi-monthly basis.
Garbage is collected one time per week. Trash must be visible and accessible to the driver.
Use the Right Container
All trash must be in trash carts or cans. A closed container will prevent tampering by pets, minimize odors, and block rainwater.
- Wheeled carts
- Trash cans with lids
- Tied bundles, 4' or shorter, weighing 60 pounds or less
Limit Size and Weight of Trash Containers
Trash cans must be between 20 and 35 gallons and can be no heavier than 60 lbs. Republic Services provides 48, 64 and 95 gallon wheeled trash carts. The 95 gallon carts have a 200 lb limit.
- Trash and recycling must be set out by 7:00 am.
- All containers must be removed from the curb within 24 hours.
- No hazardous materials, fluorescent light tubes, paint or vehicle batteries are collected curbside.
- Make sure drivers have safe and convenient access to containers.
- Do not set trash containers close to obstructions such as mailboxes, fire hydrants, parked cars, or utility poles.
- Do not block sidewalks with cans or bags.
- Do not overload containers or pack them so tightly that trash are difficult to remove.
- No dirt, sod or rocks
- Trees and branches must be cut to less than 4' in length, bundled, and placed next to your garbage can on your regular collection day. Bundles must weigh 60 pounds or less.
- Wheeled carts should be placed at the curb line with lid hinges pointing toward the house.