Recycling is included in residential solid waste service for Nampa. Every household is provided with a blue 95 - gallon recycling cart. The cart remains the property of Republic Services. To replace a broken or damaged cart, call Republic Services at 466-3302 or order one online.
Recycling Collection Schedule
Beginning fall 2013, recycling will be collected every-other-week, Monday through Friday between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., on the same day as your trash. Place your blue cart at the curb or in the alley at least three feet from your garbage containers before 7:00 a.m. to ensure collection. Carts set out after 7:00 a.m. may be missed. The decal under the lid will be either orange or blue. Your recycling will be collected on the corresponding orange or blue weeks on your collection calendar.
Recycling Collection Requirements
The following materials may be recycled, un-sorted, in your blue cart:
- Newspapers: including inserts, magazines, and catalogs.
- Aluminum and Steel (Tin): cans (rinse empty cans - labels are okay - aerosol cans must be empty - pesticide cans are prohibited), pie tins (rinsed), wire hangers (stripped of foam and paper), Aluminum foil.
- Mixed Paper: junk mail, white or pastel ledger, cereal and frozen food boxes, paper bags, envelopes, fax paper, computer paper, brochures, greeting cards and wrapping paper without foil, construction paper.
- Plastics: All household plastics (1 through 7) except for plastic bags, motor oil jugs, and pesticide containers.
- Corrugated cardboard: break boxes down to fit in blue cart.
What items are not accepted?
- Paper plates & cups
- Paper towels
- Milk or juice cartons
- Food-contaminated containers
- Foil-lined items like cookie and chip bags
- Waxy milk and juice cartons
- Grass clippings
- Glass - is NOT collected curbside. Clear or colored glass may be recycled at area recycling centers.
The blue cart recycling program is also available to apartments, condominiums and other multi-family residences. Participation is voluntary and at the discretion of the complex manager or owner, who will be billed on the complex's monthly trash bill. Call Republic Service at 208-446-3302 to sign up for the program.
Other Curbside Recycling Opportunities
Used Motor Oil
Republic Services will collect up to 2 gallons of used motor oil per household per week. Do not mix with other fluids, such as brake or transmission fluid or gasoline. Use transparent, 1-gallon plastic jugs. Set containers next to (not inside) recycling bin. Label container "USED MOTOR OIL."
Bulky Wastes and Appliances
Republic Services provides collection of bulky wastes: air conditioners, dishwashers, stoves and water heaters. After collection, Republic Services will provide for the safe removal of Freon and appliances will be recycled. Call Republic Services at 345-1265 to schedule pick up. Appliances and bulky wastes must be outside and visible to the driver. During the annual spring clean up, all bulky waste will be removed the last week of April. Call Republic Services to arrange a pick up.
Have more recycling questions? See our FAQs.