Republic Services offers customizable commercial recycling programs to businesses, non-profit organizations, churches, schools, and multi-family complexes (apartments, condominiums) in all the municipalities we serve. Republic Service will meet with interested commercial businesses and organizations to perform a free waste consultation and to develop a specific recycling program. Here are just a few of the things that we will help you consider and implement:
- Space: We work with you to identify a practical location where recyclables can be collected.
- Access: We help you find the appropriate place outside the building where Allied Waste collection trucks can easily pick up the bins, carts, or dumpsters.
- Materials: We will assess the types of materials and the quantities that you would like to recycle.
- Commitment: We help educate and engage company management, facility staff, and employees to create a successful recycling program.
Republic Services offers the following collection options to meet your organization's specific recycling needs.
Wheeled Carts (95 gallons)
Wheeled carts are a good option for businesses who want to recycle a large quantity of a single material. Wheeled carts can only be used to recycle plastic, paper, cardboard and cans at one time. Businesses can have up to five carts, depending on their recycling needs. The bins can be collected at daily, weekly or monthly intervals, depending on the company's needs. Cardboard needs to be flattened and placed next to carts. Please do not force cardboard into the wheeled carts. It makes it difficult for Republic Service to remove cardboard quickly and efficiently if large pieces of cardboard are stuck inside the cart.
Green Dumpsters (3 - 8 cubic yards)
These containers are best suited for larger companies who want to recycle mixed paper, corrugated cardboard, aluminum, tin and plastic.
Roll-Off Boxes (20, 30 or 40 cubic yards)
These containers are best suited for construction and demolition sites. Since about one-third of the waste destined for landfills comes from construction and demolition debris, cities are increasingly looking to contractors to take a pro-active role in diverting waste from landfills. Republic Services can tailor a job-site recycling program to fit your needs. For the purpose of recycling, Republic Services requires single commodities be assigned to specific containers. Also since Republic Services records all transactions involving a project, paperwork and compliance are effortless on the part of either the developer or the contractor. Learn more about how Republic can help your building project become LEED compliant.
What items are accepted?
- Newspapers and inserts: magazines, catalogs, and glossy pages only.
- Aluminum and steel (tin) cans: empty cans must be rinsed. Labels may remain on cans. Aerosol cans must be empty (pesticide and chemical cans are prohibited, but can be disposed of at any household hazardous waste mobile collection site).
- Mixed Paper: white or pastel paper (neon colored paper is NOT accepted), non-corrugated boxes (paperboard from cereal and frozen food boxes) with liners removed, phonebooks, carbonless (NCR) forms, envelopes (with and without windows), junk mail, construction paper (without glitter/glue), greeting cards (no foil), brochures, office waste paper, computer paper, fax paper, paper bags, candy boxes (remove liners), wrapping paper (no foil), lined school paper.
- Plastics: all plastics with a number of 1-7 on the bottom of the container. Discard caps from bottles. No filmy plastic, grocery bags, vinyl, or Styrofoam will be accepted.
- Corrugated cardboard: Break boxes down to no larger than 4' x 4'.
- Wood: All wood free of metal (nails, staples, and screws are okay.)
What items are not accepted?
- Paper plates & cups
- Paper towels
- Food-contaminated containers as well as milk or juice cartons
- Pizza boxes and foil-lined items like cookie and chip bags
- Plastic Bags - e.g. dry cleaning, grocery & carrot bags
- Paint & other cans with caution words on labels